Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Pumpkin Pancakes

Mmmmmmm!!!! So Yummy. Any of you that really know me, know that I have a love for anything pumpkin. I just love the stuff. Well I thought I would share one of my favorite pumpkin foods, pancakes. They are super easy to make and the kids love them. (It's also a great way to hide some yummy stuff in their food :) ) So here is the recipe. Hope you guys love it as much as I do. 

Pumpkin Pancakes

2 cups all purpose flour
3 T brown sugar
2 t baking powder
1 t baking soda
1 t allspice
1 t ground cinnamon
1/2 t ground ginger
1/2 t salt
1 c. canned pumpkin
1 1/2 c milk
1 egg
2 T vegetable oil
2 T vinegar

Directions:
1. In a separate bowl, mix together the pumpkin, milk, egg, oil, and vinegar. Combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, allspice, cinnamon, ginger, and salt, stir into the pumpkin mixture just enough to combine. 
2. Heat a slightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot with syrup. 

Enjoy!!!

No comments: