Sunday, November 16, 2008

The Best Day ever....

Out of the mouth of a babe. Today I had some errands to run and figured I would take Madie with me. I decided we would run my errand and I would surprise Madie and take her to paint pottery with me. I have painted plates for both Madie and Jack but yet to have painted one for Hayden. So I figured that would give me the chance to do that and spend some one on one time with just Madie. It's not very often that I get to that these days and I often feel like she gets overlooked sometimes with the chaos of our house these days, i.e. new baby, 2 year old that has so much energy you could run a house off of it, a husband that is finishing his last year (THANK GOODNESS!!!) of PA school, preschool, soccer, gymnastics, laundry, dishes, laundry, dishes.... sometimes it almost feels like Groundhog Day! Anywho... I got sidetracked, that's something else which has started happening a lot more recently too. Please tell me I am not alone! Anyways, back to our regularly scheduled program.... Madie and I went to paint and had a great time. We were there about an hour and half and then she was ready to go, she wanted to paint this really tacky Dolphin sculpture and as much as I don't want that thing displayed on a shelf forever I decided to let her. I think I try to control too much and I am trying very hard to relax and just go with it. Anyways, she decided she was done and thank goodness because right at that moment a group of about 10 kids came in and I didn't want to be in there when they got into the paint. So we left and I figured we were having such a great time and Ben wasn't blowing up my phone yet we would go to the movies and make this a Girl's Day Out. We went and saw Madagascar 2. It was cute, popcorn was great, and poor thing fell asleep on my lap the last 5 minutes. That doesn't happen much anymore. Good thing she only weighs 32 pounds. We finished up the day with a trip to Panera bread. We split a soup and sandwich, she loves the broccolli soup. Then as we were sitting there she said it. She looked up at me and with the biggest smile said, "Mom, this was like the most perfect day ever. I had so much fun with you today! I'm glad just us got to go and not the boys!" She was so happy and seemed so grown up all in that moment. I could have frozen time. So this is going to be our new thing. Once a month she will go with me to do something like the park or something,  and then once a month with Ben. I know I cherished today just as much as she did and can't wait till our next little excursion. 

1 comment:

Christy Brockman said...

Awwh. That is so sweet! (I bet she is so much better too when she is not around her brothers.)