Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Vacation away from home.....at home


Man, what a weekend away from the kids will do for a girl. My friend Mary came into town from Nashville last Thursday and we spent a few days in a beach bungalow on the bay. No kids allowed, with the exception of Hayden since I am his only source of nutrition right now. It was bliss. We spent some time on the beach, in which I have a lovely sunburn to show for, we went shopping, ate some good food, and just had a great time. It is so good to see old friends from college and catch up. We did this last summer in Chattanooga and I think we are going to try and do it every year, although I think next year there will be some more babies on our trip. Out of the four of us that went last year, Jess and Christy couldn't make it this year, all of us will have had babies by next summer. So exciting. Anyways.... Mary left on Sunday, I was sad to see her go, but she will be back in November and we have already planned a trip to Shakes. The kids missed me, Madie did anyways, I think Jack was mad at me for the first couple of hours after I got home. He wanted me to know that he was not happy I had left for the weekend. Ben missed me too, I think just because he realized how crazy our kids are and he had to deal with them with no momma. So moral of this story, Happy momma, happy family. I am well rested but it is good to be home. 

1 comment:

Christy Brockman said...

I'm glad you got some R&R! I wish I could have been there. We have to figure out a way to get together soon!