Saturday, July 12, 2008

Couch to 5K

So.... I have decided to embark on another adventure. I started a new running program this past week. It's so ironic to me that I graduated with an exercise science degree and right now I absolutely hate to exercise. I don't know if it the crazy humidity and heat here in Florida or the fact that I feel like I have 10 million other things I would rather be doing, the sweating part, the fact that I haven't really done anything since the beginning of my pregnancy with Hayden.... who knows. But I am honestly going to try to make an good effort to follow this program through. You can go to this website to see about the program, 

www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181/shtml

It takes about 9 weeks but by the end you should be running 30 minutes no problem. And for those of you like me who aren't doing anything right now, it looks like a good schedule. You can also download a free podcast (MP3 or iPod) that tells you when to run or walk at :

www.ullreys.com/robert/Podcasts/podcasts/files/rss.xml

or go to the iTunes music store and go to podcasts and you will see all sort of 5K programs that are free and set to music. So wish me luck and if you have the time send me some encouragement to see this through. I am trying really hard to get back into shape. Have fun running!!

5 comments:

Kim said...

RUN JENNA!!! I have been contemplating a new exercise routine. Or should a say "A" exercise routine. I won't even say how much weight I have gained in the past month and a half!! You can do it!!!

ashley said...

you can do it! i went from no running to training for a 1/2 marathon last year. i didn't make it running the whole thing - i had to walk a LOT, but i finished and it was fun - and i felt so much better exercising. i'm trying again at the st jude half this december.

by the way, speaking of exercise science... i took rudy to harding this w/end. he had never been and it had been years since i had been back. it had changed so much but was good reliving the glory days!

Christy Brockman said...

You go girl! Keep us posted on your progress - you just might inspire me to try it after the baby is born.

Kim said...

Just coming to check how the running is going????

David Parks said...

Jenna,
Were you in Kojies at HU? If I am thinking right, I believe I know you... I am Amy Wiley Parks. I found your blog through Ashley. Your children are precious! Good luck on the running.
Amy