Saturday, May 17, 2008

Our new addition


Hayden James McGarvey is finally here. He was born May 5, 2008 at 8:38 a.m. via C-section. He weighed in at 8 lbs 12 oz and was 20 inches long. We are so amazed by God's gift to us. He is so precious, although I must say he is a little spoiled already with wanting to be held all day. I have had to purchase a couple of slings and wraps just to carry him around so I can get things done with Madie and Jack and get things done in the house. Madie and Jackson are just loving their new little brother. Madie is our little mama, she sings songs to him when he is upset and Hayden loves it. He instantly quiets down when she sings to him. The first day home she even told me, "Mama, Baby Hayden makes my heart sing". So precious. Jackson didn't really have any interest in him for a few days. Now he loves to pat the "bebe" ( as he calls Hayden), and he will hold him for about two seconds before he tells us "Iya" ( which is his way of saying "all done"). We are trying to adjust to three kids and so far it hasn't been too bad. I think adjusting to sleep deprivation has been the hardest and this week I will have three kids alone all day for the first time, so say a prayer for me. 

4 comments:

ashley said...

congratulations jenna! he is precious! hope this week is fun and goes smoothly! glad you have maddie to help!

Jeremy & Robin said...

congrats!!! i miss your face...we need to work on all getting together sometime!! have a good week!

Christy Brockman said...

Awwwhhh....you McGarveys "make my heart sing!" I can't wait to see those little munchkins!

Kim said...

I want more pitures! He is so cute. I am so happy for you guys Jenna!