Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Boxes and Cramps and Kids......Oh my!

Well, we are here. We have been in beautiful sunny Florida for a week or so now. I have to admit. I am feeling a little like I am at home. I didn't think I had missed Florida, but I have. It's actually good to be back. There are actually trees here and I feel safe for the first time in a while. San Antonio was great, but there was a lot of crime. Although I will miss the shopping, I'm sure Ben will be glad to see money in the checking account though.  : ) We have been super busy since we've been here. My mom and dad stayed for a couple of days and helped me get a lot of things unpacked. I am still seeing boxes everywhere though. I haven't really unloaded anymore in a couple days though because honestly I am sick of looking at them. At this point I want to throw everything away because I know I will be doing this again in a year. Although Ben will be with me next time. Little does he know there will a lot to do for him next time.   :) Moving practically by yourself with two little ones and being 35 1/2  weeks preggers is not something I wish on anyone.  I have been having quite a few Braxton Hicks and they are getting to where they are more and more uncomfortable. Nothing regular so don't worry I'm not rushing to the hospital anytime soon, but there is that fear that something will happen in the middle of the night and I guess I need to be prepared in case it does. Ben will be here the 19th , so say a prayer that the little one decides to stay put till then. I am soo ready for this one to be here though. There is no taking it easy with the kids running around. I swear they have so much energy and it just about kills me to get up and down all the time. I honestly feel like Hayden is going to come falling out. One good thing about this time away from Ben though is that I get the bed all to myself, well, with the exception of someone sneaking in every night. I love Ben, but you ladies who have been pregnant know what it is like. You NEED to have like 4-6 pillows and be able to sprawl and get just right or you CANNOT sleep. I do miss him terribly though, as do the kids. Madie had a cry this morning and I know it is because she misses her daddy dearly. Jackson does too, everytime the phone rings he shouts "DADA". They are great. Although Jackson does seem to be turing into the Tasmanian Devil. He is like a little whirlwind. At first when we found out this one was another little boy, I was thinking "Good. I can deal with more energy in place of more drama." Now I am not too sure. I am already seeing what kind of mess my house is always going to be and what my grocery bill is going to be like feeding 3 boys. That's part of the adventure though isn't it. I just can't wait to hold him in my arms. Only a little less than 4 weeks if I hold out till my C-section. It is scheduled for May 5. My little Cinco de Mayo baby. Lets just hope he doesn't use that as an excuse to party to hard.  Well, thats it for now. I have to go snag my daughter since she is fixing a five course meal for her and her little brother and it is only 10:30. They are bottomless pits I tell you :)

4 comments:

Christy Brockman said...

Yeah, you're back on here! I was just thinking of calling you yesterday, but wanted to give you time to settle. I'm glad that everything is well.
I'm glad that God gets to decide whether this is a girl or boy -b/c I can't decide what I want! I totally agree with you on the differences in both.
Keep us posted!

Mary said...

You are amazing!!!!!! Your my hero. Hang in there girl. Ben will be there soon to help out. If there is anything I can do to help let me know. Boxes. Who cares let them be. Take care of yourself. I'm so excited to meet Hayden.

Jeremy & Robin said...

christy posted that hayden was here! congrats!! hope everyone is doing ok!
Robin

Sarah said...

I found your blog off of Christy's too. Congratulations on the new baby boy!
-Sarah (Adkins) Harriman